TRUSTEE VACANCIES AT YMCA LIVERPOOL
YMCA Liverpool is a registered charity and company limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people to find acceptance, community and activity. We provide services across the YMCA work streams of accommodation, family work, health and wellbeing and training and education.
Our accommodation offer is made up of: supported accommodation for people experiencing homelessness; intensive support for individuals with complex needs; move on accommodation for individuals closer to independence; specialist services for individuals with mental ill health and for young people.
The offer around family work includes: An Early Years Foundation Stage nursery in Southport; two Liverpool based refuges for women and children fleeing or at risk from domestic abuse.
Our work around health and wellbeing includes a large leisure centre in Southport and targeted health interventions.
Within the training and education workstream, we deliver therapeutic horticulture, animal care and low impact sports at our Dutch Farm project based in South Liverpool.
Our Mission is to inspire and support people by:
- promoting choice and independence
- valuing the individual
- maximising potential
- instilling hope
We currently have two vacancies on our Board of Trustees. Our current Board is made up of 10 highly skilled, committed and experienced individuals. We have identified two particularly vacancies within our Board; one for a Trustee with responsibility for the Audit Committee and a Trustee with responsibility for Service User Engagement at a governance level and whom ideally has lived experience of homelessness, mental health, problematic substance use or domestic abuse.
The successful candidates will be:
- Motivated and passionate about supporting excluded people to make positive changes
- Be able to communicate with a range of audiences and be open, adaptive and positive in your communication style
- Be able to attend bi-monthly Board Meetings, one away day per year and key events throughout the year
- Be able to act as a spokesperson for the charity
- Be able to support the Senior Leadership Team and Board to develop a deliver a strong strategic plan
- Be able to work within the Christian values of the organisation
Job Descriptions can be found here:
If you are interested in a role on our Board of Trustees please send a CV and one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Ellie McNeil, Chief Executive, 15 Leeds Street, Liverpool, L3 6HU.
Closing date 9am 30th October
Interviews 8th November 2017
For an informal chat about this position please contact Ellie McNeil – Chief Executive on 0151 600 3530